Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Be merry and bright

My artificial tree. Love those glitter stars!


Our smaller, fiber optic tree!


My first "baking" experience... cookies from a box! Ha.

Just some tidbits from my Aussie Christmas! We began the celebrations a couple days early with a small gathering of friends and food. My contribution to the meal was some chocolate chip cookies, from a box. I'm completely useless and inexperienced in the kitchen, but these came out pretty good, if I do say so myself! They're pretty hard to mess up, even though I did have to bake them on a pizza pan!

Christmas was a quiet and relaxing day with the boyfriend and his parents. We slept in, opened presents, watched movies and ate ourselves into food comas. As much as I missed my white Christmas, my Aussie family made me feel at home and it was really nice to celebrate the day together. Now I can't bring myself to take down the tree!

No comments: