Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Tis the Season

This is the time of year when it becomes most apparent just how far away from home I really am. It's not just because the holiday season is a family time, but really because there is nothing like the bizarre experience of holiday shopping in the scorching summer heat, amongst palm trees and barbecues. As a New Englander, I don't think I'll ever quite get over that.


Last Christmas I was already living in Australia, but I travelled home for the month of December (that was a shocking transition to cold!). This year will be my first Christmas away from my family, and my first in Australia. I'm planning to make the most of it by discovering and embracing quirky Aussie traditions (drinking on the beach in santa hats, perhaps?) while also decorating my own synthetic tree. :)


*All photos my own

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so sneaky with the camera :p